Reports to: Region President
SALARY RANGE: 70K to 85K Base, plus bonus plan
The Director of Operations plans and directs the day-to-day operations of the builder direct business for the California Division. Ensures the implementation of strategies designed to grow the business and drive operational improvements leading to overall profit improvement of the California Division. This role is responsible for performance management operation team and staff planning in order to meet the Company’s goals for the division, in addition to managing expenses in line with budget to achieve the division profit growth targets. This role partners with our builder support team, marketing and company operations to support local home builder customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently evaluates, coaches, and manages division workforce to motivate staff to continually enhance business performance and customer satisfaction or execute disciplinary action as needed
- Collaborates with back office teams (e.g. customer service, order processing) to meet customer needs and deliver services on time.
- Identifies potential problems/points of friction and works to find solutions which will maximize efficiency and revenue
- Determines forward looking staffing needs for field installation leadership and labor which includes actions to add staff if needed or actions to reduce staff as required
- Meet with builder customers to identify service issues, quality issues or needs and develop action plans to address feedback.
- Collaborates with executive management to execute business strategies and manage operations to ensure the strategic planning process is timely, focused, and value added.
- Assess and analyze division budget to find ways to minimize expenses and optimize profits
- Employs measures to control company costs
- Regularly reviews metric reports and develops plans and initiatives to bring metrics within targets or drive improvement beyond targets
- Performs training needs assessments to identify the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to meet division objectives. Coordinates with HR to develop short and long term training programs
- Ensures division compliance with all federal, state and local labor laws and company policies
Knowledge, experience, skills and abilities required to successfully undertake this role:
- 5 years’ experience effectively managing a P&L to increase revenue and reduce costs
- 8 years’ experience directly managing field service teams
- 5 years’ experience in the home building or related construction industry
- Degree in Business Management or Business Administration preferred, or equivalent in experience
- Drives performance excellence by demonstrating strong leadership: problem-solving, exercising sound judgment, building team culture, professional and effective interaction with team, clients and general public
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Highly organized
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Meticulous attention to detail
To apply: Upload your resumé to the Primera website career page by 6/30/2021 https://www.primera.net/careers/ Location – California, Job Description – Operations