Reports to: Director of Estimating
The estimator’s key role will be to apply their knowledge of installation
and accurately quantify products in floor covering, countertops, and
vertical surfaces resulting in victorious proposals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for entire project from initial bid to final completion.
- Understand architectural drawing in both electronic and hard copy.
- Create, send, and manage subcontractor requests to be included in a proposal.
- Calculate costs of material and labor and identify time requirements for the following: floor coverings, vertical surfaces, and granite countertops.
- Present estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information in a takeoff form.
- Tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Create visual aids and pricing tools for clients based on project specifications.
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Attend educational courses of the industry to stay focused on industry trends.
- Understands installations of floor covering, and installation of vertical surfaces for ceramic tile.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and electronic takeoff programs.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and follow up projects in a timely manner.
- Communicate on a professional level with sales, production, field superintendents, and builders.
- All estimators will be required to follow standard operating procedures and industry standard as indicated by the Director of Estimating.
- Participate in developing bid package estimate documents.
- Maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures including current (accurate) information on prices for each builder.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Knowledge, experience, skills and abilities required to successfully undertake this role:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college/university, technical school – or equivalent experience in construction.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of fractions, percentages, ratios, margins, and mark-ups.
- Be able to use geometric formulas and equations are required in calculating take-offs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To apply: Upload your resumé to the Primera website careers page by 4/18/2019 https://www.primera.net/careers/ Location – Tempe, Job Description – Administrative