Walking into a kitchen with shiny granite countertops glimmering with its distinct colors, vein-like textures and coolness gives a kitchen or a bathroom a certain vibe. This vibe or feel is completely different when compared to a kitchen that has sturdy and common-place linoleum. Linoleum has come a long way and is a better option than it used to be, but granite is the classic choice and there is really no substitute for it.
Granite use to be out of reach for many budgets since it was considered a luxury item, but over time the pricing of granite has gone down. It is now accessible for nearly anyone. And due to its durability and the quality that it adds to your home or project’s resale value, all budgets should be created with allotment in mind for granite. With that said, granite is still not the cheapest choice for countertop material so you might want to know some of the top reasons why you want granite in your home or project.
Here are 4 of the reasons why you want granite in your Phoenix home:
1. First, why is granite especially attractive to homeowners and contractors in Phoenix, Arizona and other areas of the Southwest, including Colorado and Nevada? Some of the reasons are:
- Granite is one of the hardest igneous rocks in nature
- Hard elements survive the best in the harsh weather in the desert
- Granite holds up well against dust and lack of moisture
- Arizona homeowners expect earthy elements in home design
- Since granite is a real stone it tends to remain cool to the touch and underfoot
2. With the housing market being on the buyers side, homebuyers, especially first time homebuyers, are being a little on the picky side. And granite is one of the non-negotiable features they are looking for, so in order to be competitive in the market place when it comes time to sell your home, granite is a solid investment.
3. No pot holders? No problem, with granite you will never have to worry about melting or burning your countertops. Like was said above, granite is extremely durable and one of the hardest elements in nature, right behind the diamond. It is nearly impossible to scratch or chip. This makes it a good option for the busy household that has high amounts of traffic and a busy lifestyle.
4. Granite comes in a variety of colors. Since granite’s palette is derived from nature, its colors are attractive but tend to be inherently neutral, which is perfect for a main and staple feature of a home or project. Granite fits in well to all styles and tastes and will not be a hindrance to any homeowner’s evolving tastes.
Granite is one of the most sought-after homebuilding materials. It helps builders, remodelers and homeowners alike add that elite and dramatic touch to their homes and projects. Yes, when you walk into an interior that has the “granite touch”, it definitely makes a difference. There aren’t many things as simple or as smart as the purity and beauty that this natural stone brings to a home interior. Take a look at Primera Interiors’ online granite gallery.